michaelandbrittany

What size do female Burundi breed at?

Males mature a lot quicker 2 to 2 1/2 yrs there ready to go females can be ready by 3 yrs does vary but one of my girls is only 15 cm or so and at 3 1/2 yrs and she only just staring to hold first few spawns she will probably swallow after a few days but practice makes perfect but that's just what I've found keeping mine hope it helps mate

Maybe see if u can get onto Lloyd he will be able to shed some more light on them he's a member on hear and has a pretty awesome collection of fronys and a lot more knowledge then me

Thanks Natho88, ill correct you though. Males take longer than females to mature normally around 3 - 4 years, where as females can be around the 2.5 years onwards.

However like natho said, just because you have a fertile male, the females will still need practise to hold, and importantly tumble so the eggs dont die and grow fungus.

Age is the key more so than size (like old enough to bleed etc...) Local Burundi around 18 mths to 2 years; F1 Kigomas 15 months from egg in my experience; 12 cm and 10cm females respectively. The size of yours, would expect them to be mature.