sayegy

green algae on marine tank glass

It’s a sign of a normal tank and yes snails,limpets,herbivore nudribranch, lawn mower blennies,etc,etc will reduce it a little.

This is part of the work side of the hobby, I use as most others do, a magnetic glass cleaner, if I want to see my aquarium life that is,lol.

You can reduce it by getting your led lights made with narrower optics on the out side diodes, that works really well.

Yeh glass cleaner just doesnt seem to be cutting it. I have been useing a non scratch pad and have to scrub it about twice a week. Probly does not help that the previous owner thought it would be a good idea to clean the inside of the glass with steel wool. Therefore the algae sits in the scratches... pain in the ass.

That’s hard because the corals you buy come from waters with temp variations of 17c in winter to 28c in summer.

Tropical fish do best at 26c,corals do best at 22c and independent algae and symbiotic do their best at 22c and your tank water remains more stable between 22c to 24c.

I have some semi temperate life forms and tropical together, so I have my chiller set at 24c and my heater at 23c, so its up to you to make a decision on what’s best for your needs.