Richard_

Gonna be some pretty Kasman babies

A quick update on Kasmans latest Thai silk sale

She settled in with my big boy nicely (a daddy many times)

Displaying all breeding signs , cleaning tile, shaking, etc....

Stay tuned!!!

Kasman sold me a beaut male but he's still a bit young.

Soon though, soon ...

Edited by Richard_

Well you have to name them instead of "that blue one and the flowerhorn in that tank" so it's Kassie (Kasman) and the boy has a big kok, so I call him d1ckhead :-)

Here's how the crew hooked up

Big daddy wil not cheat on mama so he's back making lotsa beautiful cherry red dragons

post-8781-14711630333278_thumb.jpg

Then there's Kas and Bro, both from Kasman

post-8781-14711630333558_thumb.jpg

post-8781-14711630333717_thumb.jpg

And then there's Beast (in honor of BEAST) and Lady both from Lucas

post-8781-14711630334018_thumb.jpg

post-8781-14711630334149_thumb.jpg

They're all in love, ain't that nice :-)

Edited by Richard_

wow mate, look at those pairs!

I really like the way my guy is turning out, great pearl and body shape.

and Lucas has bred some unbeleivable fish that male and female are both stunning.

G'day mate the fish look good man but that male is one of kasmans I said that when you got him lol I can't take that away from kasman lol and the female is from breeder in Liverpool NSW its big pet shop i got two they came back on the plane as carry on luggage the other two you got from me the silk and red pearl are from my new bloodline so I'm sorry if you got it mixed up mate but its all good no harm done how's the little red and silk going should be popping all mine are lol

All coming along nicely

I know my beast is Kasmans but the name was so cool I had to flog it for the big kok factor

All fish from Lucas are incredible!

My wife told me about your attack, omg, so sorry

Here's what my red pair are making now approx 3 months old

post-8781-14711630418463_thumb.jpg

Edited by Richard_

They all look really nice man it's good to see someone looking after there fish so well and he dose look like a beast his KOK is awesome you've got you self an awesome Flowerhorn collection man I like it good top quality bloodlines good work man

Keep us up dated man great fish

Batch #1 is nearly 10mm long, this should be batch #2 :-)

Still using Keith B's FH as a target fish, works a treat to form " pairs ", and take away aggression from the "happy couple"

Holy crap! KeithBs Fh is amazing! like a mirror. best thing is it was one of mine im prettu sure lol.

ur making it look easy Richard. well done mate. hope u get some koky silks in that batch.

Edited by kasman

Yeah Kasman, it was one of your fish.

Holy crap! KeithBs Fh is amazing! like a mirror. best thing is it was one of mine im prettu sure lol.

ur making it look easy Richard. well done mate. hope u get some koky silks in that batch.

Actually Matt and Keith, I just got the silver boy (Tonto) paired up with "Darling"

He really does look chromed.

Again I used a target fish resembling the breeding male

post-8781-14711630776853_thumb.jpg

post-8781-14711630777005_thumb.jpg

Edited by Richard_

Thanks Matt

I have travelled a long way to "collect" the best specimens. Bad ingredients = bad pizza , same with fish

I have several of your (Kasman) fish, a KeithB, a Steve, a few Lucas', a Den and a few from various other locations now. There should be some interesting fry soon

post-8781-14711630777303_thumb.jpg

Great work man there all looking good and how's the KOK on the Kansan male you to of me OMG ,and I love your red female she's like a semi fader I like them they keep there script and just keep getting redder And your collection of flowerhorn is just amazing well done mate your going to have a big food and power bill like me lol But IMO it's worth it to try and make your dream fish that's what it's all about Cant wait to see what they look like man It would be nice to come and have a look at you collection in person if that's cool with you and I'd bring a new addition for your collection only if its ok with you man

Lucas

Very kind words mate, thanks

You're welcome over anytime but I only have 12 tanks running, not like others who have 50+ so the tour would be a very quick one.

I've got 5 nice pairs and several batches of fry growing out but that's it so far.

As to food, power and water bills, yup that's the cost of a hobby, and my whole setup is cheaper than motorcycle parts or maintaining my mountain bikes, so yes there is a cost but it's reasonable considering. One set of (carbon) motorcycle wheels is more expensive than my entire setup including the fish, so it's all relative.

I'm still trying to breed my little beast (the waterhead I got off you) but he's not doing his thing yet. Great kok growth though and he's paired up with a nice girl, just gotta be patient

Edited by Richard_

Hey they are some nice fish you got there.

Its good to see the quality has really stepped up for flowerhorns in SEQ.

Also good to see some new names on the forum since I was last here.