Problem: Yoyo Loach has damage to the mouth/barbel area. Is lethargic and only mildly interested in food (is usual ecstatic about food).

I am trying not transfer him to quarantine now. Going to try low doses of Melafix and Primafix as a start. Along with a dose of stress coat.

Is this just a physical injury or is this something much worse? Is there anything you can recommend that may help?

Photo:

post-10433-14711630117356_thumb.jpg

Tank Parameters:

Ph: 7.4

Ammonia: 0

Nitrate: ~20

Nitrite: 0

Gh: 7

Kh: 4

Size of tank: 300L, 3x2x2

Temperature °C: ~24-25

Been running for: 9 months

Filtration: Canister Aqua One Aquis 1250, Sponges, Filter Floss, and Loads of Ceramic Media

Fish in tank: 1x Dwarf Gourami, 4x Glass Catfish, 6x Black Phantom Tetra, 2x Bristle Nose (1x7cm, 1x5cm), 1x Female Betta, 2x Reticulate (YoYo Loaches)

Plants in Tank: Swords, Cryps, Ech, Java Fern, Java Moss, Fontanalis, Lillaeopsis, Hygophilia, Anubus Nana, Anbus Nana Petite, Wisteria

Feeding: Sinking Granules, Sinking Algae Wafers, Sinking Loach Wafers,

Recent Medication Treatments: N/A

Last water change: 2/11/13 - Last Saturday

Water change every Weekly About 40L

Just from what I've been reading about melafix it can seriously damage the labyrinth in labyrinth breathers. And its not as though we only have one of them in there.

Because I forgot to add that we have 4 Gouramis not listed (2x Platnium and 2x Marble). With a total of 6 we can't really move them else where while we treat.