Finally updated my webpage, please have a look "here" and let me know what you think

Weather has warmed so have plenty of fry in the ponds and everything is breeding and plants are growing and lilies are flowering

Finally got the 6ft tank outside and planted up with a few fish,(didn't get to look at it much under the house) it is still very green but hopefully the plants will start taking over utilising the extra nutrients and the water will clear, the ponds when first setup go green then just go clear after awhile. This is the only tank I have now, its outside under the shade sail so doesn't get direct sun although definitely enough, very low tech with potting mix under river sand then some gravel on top and my DIY trickle filter as only filtration (thanks for drilling all my holes Betta) and no heating. Currently has ornate rainbowfish, honey blue eyes, empire gudgeons, cherry shrimp, a couple of peppermint bristlenose and now tadpoles.

IMG_0226.JPG

The cane toads cant jump or climb high enough to get in so the frogs are really starting to take over my ponds, very noisy although they dont bother me I do wonder about the neighbours sometimes

I have heard 3 distinctively separate calls, identifying green tree and pobblebonk frogs but only seen these little ones so far. Not sure about id but either Eastern Dwarf Tree Frog (Litoria fallax) or Pearsons Tree Frog (Litoria pearsoniana) Anyone know frogs?

Untitledkkk.jpg

Untitledlll.jpg

post-4136-14711630124695_thumb.jpg

these I believe are frogs eggs the yellow leaf is about the size of a 10c piece

Edited by rainbowrunner

Nice job Pete, some great photos and vids there. Where in the Boyne did you catch those Splendidas? might try and get up that way over Christmas and get a few!

The Honeys you gave me are doing well, a few fry starting to appear recently.

thats great you have fry already, those honeys would only be just over a year old.

Pikes crossing Benaraby on the road to Lake Awoonga to catch splendidas and flyspecked hardy-heads. The boyne river upstream of the dam has a few easy access road crossings too on the Gladstone to Monto road.

Some of the males look to have longer than average finnage - do you know which they are? Most people are preoccupied with the colour variation in Rhads but it's interesting that there's other morphological variations as well. The males from Bribie often have disproportionately large caudals.

IMG_0461_zpse565cc02.jpg

without flash

IMG_0457_zpsccddcee0.jpg

and with flash

Got some water proof LED strips to use as lighting, its mounted in aluminum u shaped channel that just sits on top of the tank, seems to work really well. Will add 2 more strips soon and run 12v wire to a transformer under the house on a timer, Very relaxing sitting outside at night watching the fish now.

Plants are really coming along, although Im still getting that stringy algae in there. Anyone think CO2 would make a difference?

Edited by rainbowrunner

Tank is starting to come along nicely now, fully stocked with fish and plants are growing well, HM is taking over a bit too much tho and Im constantly taking it out because it smothers other plants. Also still an issue with stringy algae, just put some more cuttings in of different plants so see how they go too.

Starting to get some nice pics of the fish too

Untitledjjj33_zpsd4221b1c.jpg

Untitledtttiioii_zpsde264630.jpg

Untitledllllk222_zps2400a337.jpg

Edited by rainbowrunner