M&J Fabulously Fish

what to use? best food for cichlid display and breeding.

Good safe answer Kasman. :esmile:

If you wanted a safe answer it would have been NLS Thera A. If I had to pick one pellet to feed to ANY fish that would be it.

But a varied diet is still better. I have 9 different brands/types of food on my shelf. All my fish get them all. Aswell as feeders when they are in season.

If you wanted a safe answer it would have been NLS Thera A. If I had to pick one pellet to feed to ANY fish that would be it.

But a varied diet is still better. I have 9 different brands/types of food on my shelf. All my fish get them all. Aswell as feeders when they are in season.

Likewise...............My pics are NLS Thera A #1 Ocean Nutrition Vege/Spiralina Flakes #2 NLS Garlic Flakes #3 then a variety of other foods just to mix it up a bit (Aquamunch, Hikari etc etc)

I mainly use Thera A, with a bit of Hikari, New Era. Not a fan of flakes & frozen food is just to messy for me. Watched a Paul Talbot video the other day & he swears by NLS. He reckons that if some of your fish miss out at feeding time they will still get nutrients from the other fishes waste if fed NLS but other foods will not provide nutrients in fish poo due to higher protein.:jaw:

Not sure about that one myself but he knows more than I do so who am I to argue. :)

Found the vid.

Edited by PaleAle

Moving away from breeding myself..... and I have no yellow mbuna.

So all male display = NLS + white crane

Spectrum gives the best natural dominant colouration......... and whitecrane helps the subdominant fish colour up.

Not a safe answer....... but give me 2 weeks and I shall show you bling lol