Ken-f

discus identification

The eye is an orange colour. I bought 6 from a forum member but because I am only new to discus, I asked him to give me a variety. He showed me his albinos, but I don't think this is it because he was after a bit more for them. Either way, I really enjoy watching it. It's one of the least shy (so far) and is normally the first to come out and eat, which is always nice to watch.

Yes, I also got them from him. Really nice guy. Funny that both have similar personalities. 1 turq is similar size and the other 4 are smaller. But this is most likely due to different ages. Only the blue diamond is 'small' when you compare the size of it's eye.

They are currently in a 6ft and I do 30% water changes every 2nd day.

I thought I would just post a pic of all of them to save time in the future as well. haha. I had never kept discus before and I just asked for him to give me a variety.

The only 2 I am fairly certain about are the blue diamond and red turq.

dwvodg.jpg

post-2309-14711630456985_thumb.jpg

post-2309-147116304573_thumb.jpg

Hi Ken that is a Blue Scorpion, The 1st pic is of their parents, the next couple is of some out of the same batch as yours that someone else bought and sent me some pics of.

And in your 1st post, that is a Mandarin Passion, this is a pick someone else sent me, once again these Discus are from the very same parents as yours(except the pigeon)post-2309-14711630457458_thumb.jpg, note the white sand in his tank as well, not really sure whats happening with your tank/Maintenance routine Ken, but looking at your pics the Discus don't really look to happy to me, they definitely look healthy just not happy, if you have any questions give me a call whenever you like,

Kind Regards, Andy

post-2309-14711630457144_thumb.jpg

Edited by chopper

thanks for the replies guys.

wow Andy you have good memory, I didn't think you would remember the fish you gave me coz it was 2 month ago.

I change the water about 30 to 40% every 2nd day and vacuum up all the crap from the sand. It took them over a month before they settled but now they come to the top when they see me around the tank :D. They've definitely improved heaps, but can still get scared if I put the lid down too loudly or bump the tank.

The mandarin passion in the first picture is now yellowish with very slight peppering

The turq's bars don't always show but did when I was holding my phone there.

That blue scorpion has grown more than an inch since I got it and the other one with 14 bars has also grown about an inch.

The other orangish (not sure of name) one is starting to get some colours now, but you can't really see it in the picture.

The blue diamond hasn't really grown and gets chased around by the blue scorpion, but will be the first to eat frozen foods.

Hopefully giving them more time, they will be 100% comfortable and happy.