Flanagan001

keeping tank clean with fry in

I have a 6x2x2 divided in half.

One side has a large flower horn, a red Texas, a coatzacoalus, Siamese algae eater and 2 clown loaches. They are all squashed up because my 2 red devils had babies. They are on the other side of the divider.

I'm doing regular water changes and the side with the big fish is so clean.

However, the other 3 ft has 2 adult red devils and 100's of fry and its filthy. There is algae growing on the glass. The substrate is dirty, in places disgusting.

How can I clean the glass or gravel without being bitten or hurting the fry, they're only a week old.

Why do you want to clean it, the fry will pick at the algae etc when they start feeding properly. Mum is the one to look out for as she is protective of here bubs. Whats a little blood worth for the sake of a clean tank. lol

I was just worried about the water quality, I didn't want to hurt the fish. If you think they'll be ok, I'll wait till they're a bit bigger and just keep up the water changes

Magnet Cleaner for the glass? Substrate, long gravel vac? Both will keep your hands out of the tank and won't hurt the fry, so long as your careful not to such them out.

Thanks. I can't use a magnet cleaner on the back of the tank, no access. But, I've bought a long handled soft brush and it seems to be working a treat.

I have got a long gravel vac, just worried the fry will get in the way. There's so many of them, they're all over the tank but, I suppose they'll move when the vac goes in. I'll give it a go.