BigRock

Featherfins. Foai/Furcifer

Love watching fish (ESPECIALLY AFRICANS) do the things they do. From dazzling you with colours and displays to observing the obvious unique temperament and character that each variant/species seems to have. Then theres the awesome observation of their hierarchy; a spectacular which is often overlooked and under-appreciated by the novice in the first few years of keeping these cichlids. They live and prosper by it just as well as other fishes do even more so. A good understanding and scrutiny of their hierarchy is a knowledge in disguise with these fishes that will benefit you when it comes to getting the best from them and vice versa; Like a lion on the savannah these fish exude something strong and unique that sais ''I AM FROM AFRICA'' the darkest,wildest, most mysterious continent on earth ''LOOK AT ME AND BEHOLD'' F***ing beautiful ; Anyhoo lol the reason for this post is because over the past two weeks I watched a beta male ruziba of a much smaller stature to the other 3 males including the alpha catch up in size to them somehow and after some spectacular battles witnessed by me he is now the boss of the tank and shining brighter accordingly, due to his long awaited and fought for victory no doubt. Ive seen it happen b4 but not with such a runt like this one was, so its just something new and admired by me in over 20years of keeping African cichlids with these featherfins being my favourite fish of all. They always show you something new and impressive even when you start to think that you know them like the back of your hand I guess ;

Edited by BigRock

updated some pics to the fbook fish album, computer issues make it that I cant upload pics here, on msn, on fbook or anywhere except existing albums so heres the link to any updated pics of the fish I keep, the last 4 pics added (the darker blue ones) are taken in natural light with NO flash, even though I couldn't get any clear pics they look better in natural light the featherfins do, they certainly don't appreciate any kind of artificial lighting (that is an arguable fact by many who keep these fish religiously, and rightly so you can be assure of that) and its rare for them to shine as bright as they can under artificial light of any sort unless they are spawning or displaying for ready females by chance. Otherwise no lights on these and you will see something like no other tang can compare to in natural light. The beauty of these fish wow me to no end. https://www.facebook.com/tommy.METZGER.5/media_set?set=a.637541576257669.1073741827.100000054960004&type=1

Edited by BigRock

So I'm guessing without a facebook account I can't see those pictures :(

haha probably JB ;) hey so how are those kilesa goin? and whats the deal with the foai kabogo and those bigger males we were talkning about? I think I need a couple extra males