Outlaw

8x2x2 first time tank build

is very satisfying building own tank... although trying to build a tank that size you need to know how to do... plenty good advice on this site..... check out my thread on ''how to rebuild your tank'.... in 'DIY' has a few tips........................... but as always there is 10 ways to f a cat

ask plenty questions........... you will get plenty answers

:beer: mike

Being up Townsville there is not many/none tank builders. I've built a sump from scratch and resealed a few 6x2. The flat pack come up for a fair price, so why not? My 6x2 is over flowing with fronnies so it's ever get a bigger tank or move a few fish.

It's easier with 2 people. What sort of silicone do you have with it, how many tubes do you have? You need a thick piece of foam -10-12mm, and a FLAT area to build on, corner clamps,normal clamps, maybe f-clamps if ground is not level or glass is cut differently and you get bubbles comeing up the silicone ect, new razor blades, metho, clean rags, 8 lengths of wood cut to correct length to support braces, something you can cut to pop under the wood to make up any differences in wood- depends on who/where cuts it. If you get the wood cut at bunnings, for example measure each piece as some of the cuts can be shoddy.

:) have fun

Edited by thatsright99