Brodie-S/A-C

Oscar on Oscar hate crime!

So.. i have a 25 cm Oscar in my tank with a bunch of other American Cichlids. For some reason it HATES!! other Oscars. I've tried 2 different Oscars in with him, but as soon i put them in it goes nuts, just shredding into them. No lip locking just goes in and tries to kill them. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? I just got this other Oscar and if i cannot sort the problem he will have to be moved. :(

Sounds territorial, take the fish out, but do a water change, and move everything around to change territory. Do it in the arvo, then put the problem fish back in, into a dark tank maybe even cover it with sheets or towels to keep out the light. Overnight all the fish will be able to sense each other and hopefully things will be better.

You don't day what size tank it is or the fish and their sizes.

When they're smaller the blacks hate and will attack the white ones, don't know how much that carries on as they bigger or in relation to yours.

Sounds territorial, take the fish out, but do a water change, and move everything around to change territory. Do it in the arvo, then put the problem fish back in, into a dark tank maybe even cover it with sheets or towels to keep out the light. Overnight all the fish will be able to sense each other and hopefully things will be better.

You don't day what size tank it is or the fish and their sizes.

When they're smaller the blacks hate and will attack the white ones, don't know how much that carries on as they bigger or in relation to yours.

Funny you say that last bit, because its a tiger oscar around the 25+ cm mark the albino red is around the 18cm mark. The tank is a 6x2 with no decoration currently in there