Ashton84

L202 breeding tips -newby

Hi I'm after any tips anyone has for breeding L202 plecs. I've aquired a reverse trio and am just wondering the best way to go about it. Would I be better separating one of the males and keeping 1 male and female in there own tank? Any tips anyone has in regards to peeping them to breed would be appreciated.

Thanks Dan

Barry White and Can't get enough of your love baby will really rock their logs.

I could tell you how to do it but where would the fun be in that?

You could do all the things that you need to do but if they are not mature and ready it will not matter what you do. Just because you are ready does not mean that they are.

If you look at what happens in nature naturally and where they come from and recreate this in your tank as best as possible will get you on the right track.

They are more inclined to breed in the wet season than the dry season and the change. Look into this side and you will be well rewarded.

Its just not the rain either, but when it does rain not all the rain lands in the river systems but a lot of rain reaches the river after it has passed through area's - some bring organics which is called in the hobby blackwater, you can buy blackwater and you can make your own if you want too.

Watch some doco's, read some books and google a lot, look at the area's they come from - all the answers are there.

Learn why, not how, and it will take you a lot further.

Thanks Tech Den. Appreciate the good advice and gives good perspective. Though I am keen to get them breeding I do agree that finding the whys is more interesting and rewarding in the long run. Sometimes the impatience just starts to creep in lol