I don't believe there is any killifish that will eat cane toad eggs/ tadpoles….and live

Just for the record….The name killifish is derived from the Dutch word "kilde", meaning small creek, puddle.….not as in "Kill" as in English

I don't know any fish that can eat cane toad eggs/tadpoles

Native fish outsmart cane toads - Australian Geographic

Edited by Rod

I have over 30 species/varieties/localities of killifish but I don't think any of them will eat Cane toad tadpoles and eggs.

The only species from that same region of South and Central America we have here in the Australian hobby is the Rivulus urophthalmus. We did have Rivulus cylindraceaus, R. cryptocallus, R.agilae, R.frenatus, R.hartii in Australia but they are no longer here (I think, and hope I think I am wrong and the owners of these will contact me to sell me some ;) )

Thanks. my fishpond is now home to several or more thousand cane toad tadpoles, goldfish are eating them and dying, also a red claw which probably dined on a dead goldfish. Just scooping tadpoles with a net and was hoping to find some sort of predator which is immune to their toxin to help in getting rid of them. Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks. my fishpond is now home to several or more thousand cane toad tadpoles, goldfish are eating them and dying, also a red claw which probably dined on a dead goldfish. Just scooping tadpoles with a net and was hoping to find some sort of predator which is immune to their toxin to help in getting rid of them. Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

The most effective deterrent to toads is a simple 50cm high smooth fence. Make sure they can't get underneath it. It may stop some native frogs from your pond though.

Thanks for your response, the fence is probably the best idea, however it's unfortunately not practical for my pond which has flat stone coping around the edge and a waterfall that cascades down into the pond. So it's back to scooping the little buggers with a net.