zorn

Missing peacock gudgeon

So i picked up a pair of peacocks last week to go into my rainbow tank.

Put them in all was well, but now I only ever seem to see one of the pair. I watched the tank for a few hours over the weekend, one comes up to the glass to try and stare me down but the other hasn't been seen for days.

There are plenty of hiding places in the tank, so I'm hoping it's in there somewhere and the only time the lids come off is for feeding and i don't recall it jumping out and there have been no flailing fish on my floor.

Just wondering if this was normal ?

love the peacock gudgeons although never found any information on them really ! sexing that sorta stuff !!!how are they going with your other fish as i was always worried they would end up as snacks so i left them as a solitry tank :) cheers todd

There in a fully planted tank with Boesmani, Salmon Reds and a few Bristlenose plenty of places to hide and play(will post a pic later). Havn't had any problems between the peacocks and the other fish in the tank, one of them even tries to school up and swim with the rainbows in the powerhead output.

There great little fish once you get them established, they can be a little picky with there food at first and very shy but once they settle in I found them to be the most entertaining fish in the tank.

Here ya gp toddles

A few pics sorry about the ****ty quality took them on the phone.

post-11157-14711630715434_thumb.jpg

Full Tank

post-11157-14711630715584_thumb.jpg

close up of one of the peacocks this ones about 4cm

post-11157-14711630715787_thumb.jpg

another peacock about 4.5cm

Mr. Grumpy my 3rd peacock doesnt like to be photographed