Kitah

8 x 2 x 2 or 8 x 3 x 2?

G'day guys

I currently have a 6x2x2ft tank with 4 young oscars and 4 green terrors (two white saum two gold saum). I will be upgrading the tank to an 8fter but was just wondering if there is much benefit going an extra foot deep? i.e. 8L x 2D x 2H or 8L x 3D x 2H?

Also what would be the best tank manufacturer for this size tank, that will also deliver it? I'll also be getting a second 8fter or a 6x3x2, as well as a 4x2x18" high so need a good supplier for these- just after good quality. Have seen things about MaryAnnes aquarium, aquarium warehouse... what do you guys recommend?

Thanks!

Edited by Kitah

Highly recommend going at least to 2.5 foot wide. If you're concerned 3ft width is too much (which I personally wouldn't be) go 2.5 high as well as 2.5 wide. If budget isn't the issue I'd always go 2.5 wide as a min when keeping Americans.

Ps you'll never regret having a tank from MaryAnne's as Dennison is the Yoda of tank builders. He did my 12x4x2.5 and I couldn't be happier with construction and service.

Edited by mungor

I have a little bit of time to play until I the Americans need upgrading (a few months I'm guessing). So I'd rather go bigger now, rather than to regret my decision later. I bought the 6x2x2 when I just had two young oscars which would have been fine. But I've since bought green terrors and two more oscars so need to upgrade :) Besides I saw a 8x2x3h today so now I'm even more keen :)

I need to buy the 4fter first for my axies, so have contacted Dennison about it. Will then probably get the 8fter from him later too :)

Thanks guys

Excited about getting my first tank from Dennison :) Just waiting to pay the deposit on the 4x2x18" for the axolotls, then the big 8fter will be next :D :D :D

Never thought I'd get so hooked on keeping fish. Always liked Betta splendens- keep and did breed them... Other than that, I've always liked oscars but only just bit the bullet got my first two a few weeks ago and haven't looked back since! Will end up having a 8x3x2, a second 8x3x2 or possibly a 6x3x2 instead, as well as a 4x2x18", and possibly a two tier with two 4fters. Can't wait :)

Edited by Kitah