Hi, my name is Paul and I'm addicted to fish :)

It all started a few months ago. My wife asked me to go to the shops and buy a night light for the kids bedroom. I came back with a 6' x 2' x 2' tank. Awesome night light me thinks! Went down like a lead balloon with the wife though, but I'm a hero in the kids eyes!

In those few months I couldn't stop buying tanks, how can you just stop at one! it's impossible... Anyway, I'm off to the dark side.. er...I mean South Side tomorrow to see Butch to buy a few dozen cichlids to fill out some of these tanks. I am fascinated by all the advice on this forum and hope one day, in the near future, to knock up a small three tiered set up with a sump (so I can have more tanks and fish! - wife don't know yet though). I will have to do a lot of research first though, especially for the plumbing etc.

Anyway, thanks to all those that post on this site with the advice and idea's that fuel my imagination and empty my wallet.

Cheers,

Paul.

Thanks to all for your warm welcome.

I quickly realised that the 6ft tank for the kids room was a little overkill, especially when we had to fit wardrobes and tallboys etc in (you know all the boring stuff). So I compromised by putting a 4ft on top a very sturdy tallboy and moved the 6ft to the dining room (a good result for all).

Thanks for reading...

I would have to say I am the same, only had tanks for a few months, now nearly 1 in every room + outside.. its very addictive, until the fish start to die!! Although it is I the lady of the house who is the instigator of it all, bf couldn't care less about the whole thing. lol

Hope all goes well :)

I hear you Mungor, although I'm still green at this so I'm in the 'honeymoon' stage so to speak. Thanks Donny for your welcome, I maybe passing business your way some time soon too, I have big plans for my garage - extra tanks, sump etc (why waste a good garage on a car!).

Thanks for reading...