kwaka_80

Another I.d thread

Hey forum goers, just cleaning my 300ltr and started noticing some kind of aenenome looking "growth" on glass and in overflow. I have battled my way through aptasia and hoping that it's not an aptasia "bloom". How do you go about ridding these animals, as I don't want to go wiping them away having them start popping up elsewhere and in larger numbers. If it is aptasia am I better off waiting for them to get larger and hit them with aptasia x like I have the others? Or is there a more effective way...

Cheers, Matt

post-3771-14711630252446_thumb.jpg

post-3771-14711630252716_thumb.jpg

Hard to tell if they are 100% aptasia..... but why take the chance.

Kill them all with ya aiptasia X and let the big fish keeper in the sky work out the ID.

Pure genocide of aiptasia takes weeks, and is basically routine killing of the youngsters before they can get big enough to release more babies.

Eventually you make them extinct..... but you have to commit to a campaign of careful murder.

First one to give up the struggle loses.

Not sure on that common name, but if they are the little sea squirt things (AKA tunicates) then I agree they are harmless.

Although they suck pretty hard if they dominate your plumbing and start to reduce the flow through it.

I have never seen them spread over glass quite like that before.

Wheres Matt and his macro lense?