kat393

Cucumber floating confused!!!

Hello everyone I am feeding cucumber to my bristlenose for the first time & its floating :S

How long until it sinks or did I get confused with zucchini, that happens to me often!! LOL

Help would be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.

Just make sure you give it a good before you put it in the tank to make sure there are no herbicides or pesticides. Leave it in too long and it will get mushy and messes the tank. They will probably pick it apart and you will probably find some in your filter too. Zucchini seems to be the consensus what most use.

Just dont go too crazy with the amount you add.

It will make them poop a lot.

Buuuuut thats the idea!

Its well worth flushing out the guts of animals with fresh/frozen food every now and again.

Its not about nutrition, its about giving them a chance to clean out.

Eating processed food constantly may not cause nutritional problems, but it aint optimal.

I use a flat rock and chuck a rubber band around it .Scrape the seeds out of the cucumber first reduces the amount of debris in the water considerably.I always nuke mine first ,dont know if its necessary but was told to do so.also tried a piece of tile with 2 wires glued upright about 5 cm apart , stab through the skin then bend wires over