true that, have been tempted to grab an aquael after donny gives them such a good rep, something worth trying out down the track for sure!

well you certainly wont be getting any algae issues for a while using that for filtration FOR NOW, haha, have fun with the canister, be sure to post an update of its performance down the track

If you dont wash the media before its used you will likely get a bit of dust in the aquarium. Just the same as you do with any filter that comes with a bag of carbon.

Harmless but can be quite the shock when the first spurt of flow is discoloured.

Tis true that I am a big fan of these cannisters.

Just a nice solid big cannister.

As to the UV unit for them, I will confirm again, but I beleive one has yet to be released for our power.

We are a small market and theres a lot of hoops overseas suppliers have to jump through to get units approved.

The problem now of course is we are sold out of the 2 largest aquael cannisters, again again lol

Luckily we are well stocked with Eheim and aqua nova for the big Xmas rushes :D

So I figured I would give an update on the canister, I haven't had a problem with it at all. It's super quiet, can barely hear it, even if you put your ear right.next to it. It can hold copious amounts of waste and not lose flow or anything. My water is crystal clear. A seriously awesome canister. Well worth the money.

Oh and Donny, any updates on the uv for it haha.