cameron

Moving reptiles from state to state Help

Hey guys a am wanting to sell my turtle as he is not being looked after very well and he deserves a better home. My question is when you sell a reptile do you have to transfer the details onto the buyers licence.

We bought the little fella at the start of the year in South Australia which you do not require a licence for and we drove back to queensland with him. We have had a reptile licence for over a couple of years and just renewed it. when we bought the turtle in SA it came with no information i dont even know what type of turtle it is (looks like a murray turlte however).

all i want to know is do i need to put it on our licence to be able to give the buyer the details of the turtle?

You should have got an import permit for Qld, as legally it is not registered. You will need to contact relevant authority in Qld to have it registered against your name. You will then need to transfer it from your paperwork, to the buyers

You should have got an import permit for Qld, as legally it is not registered. You will need to contact relevant authority in Qld to have it registered against your name. You will then need to transfer it from your paperwork, to the buyers

Cheers will look into it