lloydashton

Looking for someone to drill some tanks

Have a go yourself its not too difficult just need a diamond holesaw , variable speed cordless drill and a template tohold your drillbit steady so it doesnt walk while starting the hole .I used 6 mm plywood cut the hole in it to match the diameter of required hole .place on tank wet glass down .i use a spray bottle.start slowlyafter you get a decent hole started remove template and start again.dont put too much pressure on the glass , slow and steady ,keep glass wet when almost through you can start on the inside, gives a neater finish .only ever cracked one tried to drill too close to the edge and rushing a bit( beer calling) only takes a few minutes to do one ,a second set of hands to spray water is a bonus. I did practice a couple of times on a old cracked tank to make sure i wasnt pushing too hard. If i remember correctly a 25 mm bulkhead fitting requires a 32 mm hole was a few years ago.but someone will correct me if i am wrong

Hi bud if you buy the drill bit off eBay for round $10 it's easy. As billfish said a 32 mm drill hole for 25 mm bulk head Personally the bigger the hole the less holes you have to drill. If your paranoid try drilling through some waste glass first and use a spray bottle of water on the glass and drill bit as your drilling. Let the drill bit do the work and don't push real hard on the glass. I have probably drilled about 50 holes and never cracked any Once you do one it's easy just do your first on some crap glass