Fish Breeders

All Yellow fish ????? what is it "images included"

Hello Everyone

Just curios to some information on some fish that are being traded as "pure electric" Electric Yellows"

does anyone have any info on these and where are they from? are the an electric yellow species with no black?

Edited: Images were supplied by breeder as well as permission was given before posting...

post-504-14711630448676_thumb.jpg

post-504-14711630448846_thumb.jpg

post-504-14711630448996_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fish Breeders

certainly has the eye and look of a Tropheops Chitande however i doubt that it is as its missing the small amount of black on the rear anal fin. Does anyone remember the "Yellow Labs"that were in circulation years ago?

hmmmmmmm

not tropheops.... the mouth is wrong

not labs either..... the mouth is wrong

i remember the "labidichromis sp. yellow"....... first saw them at Aquarium warehouse years ago

all yellow electric yellow with no black at all on any finnage, but definately had the lab mouth.

from memory it was unanimous that they were hybrids.....

but the above pics look more like some sort of pseudo hybrid :dance:

Edited by borntobreed
cause i forgot to add a yellow smileyman

They look like the Lab.sp" yellow"s that I've got, but they have a different mouth shape to mine, and mine are pure yellow with no black in them and have a slight blue tinge through their dorsal fin and eyes, unlike , yours, look like they have faint black line through their dorsal like a normal yellow.

hey [MENTION=156]hareysfish[/MENTION] the "Lab.sp yellow's"or AKA Yellow labs is what i was referring to. Any chance for a photo of yours?

These are not mine but i can't see any black in the dorsal from the images that were provided.

Mate,I'm away till Saturday, and I'll try and get a couple of them, just going over the pics again, I can't see any black in the dorsal either, I think I had my beer google's on :)