Update: The tank is now outside, laying on its back. Monday i will start sealing, i don't think i will get the last coat on until Tues, as it has to have at least 4 hours between coats. But it on its way to being done....finally

Big thanks to my hubby and son who lugged the tank out the door and down stairs, heavy enough to start with, now it has around 18kg of render to add weight lol. They are not looking forward to lugging it back inside and into place lol

1 coat on.....2 more to go (4 hours drying in between coats). Loving how easy it is to apply, and how easy it is to remove overspray (did a test area lol, but tank is not fully cleaned up yet)

5ft24thMar20141b.jpg

In tank looking from one end to the other

5ft24thMar20141a.jpg

Plenty of space for fish to swim, it doesn't take up that much room (tank is 50cm wide and background would be around 15-16cm wide at its widest point, except where it curves around the sides) Looks can be deceiving

The background takes up no more space than most décor would (rocks, wood, plants etc)

Plenty of space for fish to swim, it doesn't take up that much room (tank is 50cm wide and background would be around 15-16cm wide at its widest point, except where it curves around the sides) Looks can be deceiving

The background takes up no more space than most décor would (rocks, wood, plants etc)

You haven't even said what you were putting in!

When its all done and running, pop around sometime :)

One coat to go and the tank back and part sides to paint black, then its ready to come back inside and do the get it ready for fish part :)

We have pics!! All done and waiting to come back inside (gotta wait on tank lifters as I cant help lift it)

The now painted back (very exciting i know lol....not)

5ft29thMar20141b.jpg

The inside now fully sealed (it will lighten up a bit under tank lights)

5ft29thMar20141a.jpg

Ok update time

Decided i wanted to paint the stand black, While I was waiting. Now just waiting for it to dry so that the stand/tank can be placed in the new spot (which is all ready and waiting). The new tanks that will be going underneath will hopefully be finalized this week also

*In regards to its new spot - I've decided to move it due to the weight that will be on the floor along the wall it was sitting. There is another large tank beside it there and their combined weight would be close to 1 ton, makes me nervous on floor boards. So to give me piece of mind, it is moving to another part of the house.

Stand is in place (i can move that on my own), now just gotta wait for my hubby and son to be home at the same time to move the tank :D

Soooooo, guess what......

5ft6thApr20141a.jpg

Yep finally, the tank is now inside. I just gotta do a glass wipe (some oxide on it) and make sure its somewhat level and then i can fill er up!

Its taken that long to get it to wet stage I'm just happy to admire it being actually here. I am extremely happy with the end result so far.

Got the testing stage to go through, then will drop some canaries in to make sure the sealer is doing the job (which I don't doubt it will). Better to be safe than sorry

Started adding a bit of decor, wont be very much. Will be adding some plants to this at some stage. Added about 30-40 endlers and about 10 cherry shrimp (yep these will become food for the final inhabitants

The new tanks underneath

DSC01771.jpg

I priced a new canister for this today, pricey, but more than able to do the job. Just gotta save up the pennies to buy it lol

Started adding a bit of decor, wont be very much. Will be adding some plants to this at some stage. Added about 30-40 endlers and about 10 cherry shrimp (yep these will become food for the final inhabitants

The new tanks underneath

DSC01771.jpg

I priced a new canister for this today, pricey, but more than able to do the job. Just gotta save up the pennies to buy it lol

What canister are you going for?

Sent from my phone with a 5 min battery life