if the temp on your heater is set to say 26, then the heater is only going to come on if your tank temp. drops below 26, otherwise it is just sitting there, not using power,

i was monitoring my tank a few days ago and the temps got up to 30+ when it was 44 degrees outside when it usually averages 25 so no you don't but if it goes under 25 then yes you will need one.

So heaters don't use ANY power if not heating the water, just thought bout saving power and money and want it drawing current if its not doing anything.

I read about some guys on here removing heaters in the warmer months, is that just for looks

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

I always take mine out in summer after one malfunctioned and I lost about $500 worth of breeding fish. All I do is unplug them but leave them in tank so seals don't go hard if you don't need it why have it plugged in?

I always take mine out in summer after one malfunctioned and I lost about $500 worth of breeding fish. All I do is unplug them but leave them in tank so seals don't go hard if you don't need it why have it plugged in?

was that loss of fish from an aqua-one heater ?? i've seen this happen a number of times lately..

I leave the heaters in my big tank and turn the thermostat to 26.

It wont get down that low unless we have a few cold days in a row.

But I have taken out the heaters in all my other tanks.