I heat 12,000L - 15,000L using evacuated solar tubes water heaters (all glass not copper). To run it i use a tiny little hot water pump and a solar pool controller and it easily keeps the fish room toasty all year round. Total power used would be under $50/year to run it. GOOD Insulation is also a MUST

I heat 12,000L - 15,000L using evacuated solar tubes water heaters (all glass not copper). To run it i use a tiny little hot water pump and a solar pool controller and it easily keeps the fish room toasty all year round. Total power used would be under $50/year to run it. GOOD Insulation is also a MUST

Don't the solar tubes have copper in the centre of them.

I may be thinking of something totally different.

But I'm sure this is what I looked at when I needed a new solar hot water system.

Don't the solar tubes have copper in the centre of them.

I may be thinking of something totally different.

But I'm sure this is what I looked at when I needed a new solar hot water system.

conventional evacuated solar hot water systems have the copper core, I use a ALL GLASS system. In total im using 100 50mm tubes

What about the black tube that goes on your roof to heat swimming pools .pvc tube fittings and a pump.

or a mate of mine down south uses titanium heaters for his salt tanks one 3200 litre .others smaller reckons set and forget temp hardly ever varies

Look into a pool heat pump costs heaps less than a standard electric pool heater. Heat pumps work like a fridge in reverse they draw air in across a condenser and that heats the water. I have a heat pump hot water system for the house 350 litres only costs about $50 a quarter .and you can have the heater hooked up to tariff 33 which is 8c per kW cheaper than normal supply