HereFishieFishie

#73....How to kill a fish!!!

I got another canister filter of Brad to place in my discus tank.Thought 2 canisters be great in a heavily stocked 4x2x2,{can't have sump} no need for internal. Tank be better etc etc etc....

I went to take out the internal filter when the bottom 2 cartridges fell off. Now the bottom cartridge is fill with ceramic noodles, therefore a bit of weight. It landed straight on a discus head, knocking it out cold. Couldn't think of a way to make it come too. :? Did try a couple of things, drew the line at mouth to mouth but. :lol:

Therefore I suppose the best thing to describe it is, that it drowned. :(

Useless idiot, ramble ramble ramble.... :x

Frenchy :D

bugger................very sorry to hear

i had a 7bar jump today cause of a slightly ajar lid, dunno how long he was out, he felt pretty dry but his mouth was just moving......put him in a fry net and he came good after 20 mins...........unbelivable!!!!

Christo

Thanks, at least I haven't had him/her for to long, so not to attached, more a bummer from my causing it.

If your water is clean, all should be good. Very prone to diseases when they dry out a bit.

I have had similar luck with a jumper before. More good luck on the timing of the escapee than anything.

Frenchy :D

I made the mistake of merging all my marine fish from two tanks into one tank while I was in the middle of moving house. The next morning I was devastated to see that one of my female clowns had jumped out of the tank.

I cried for days. Still makes me sad :(

But I really should have known better, or at least put the lids on the tank!

Is there any reason fish jump? Sorry a little off topic. I just don't get why they decide to leap out - are they aiming for the fridge? I know certain fish are tagged as jumpers and just wondering if it's always the fish or the environment too that causes them to jump.