saundma

Background, Paint or Vinyl?

Hi,

Just ordered a 6X2X28" and can get the builder (Dennison) to apply Vinyl for me at a very reasonable price. I was just wondering what other people would recommend?

I have always used water based acrylic paint on the back of my previous tanks. Let me know what you think :)

Thanks in advance for your input, and sorry if this topic has already been covered.

Definitely going ahead with the Vinyl. I was just curious what the difference will be when compared to painting?? I know you barely have to look at paint for it to scratch off but is that the only advantage?

i get my tanks vinyl wrapped by g maher and he does a lovely job of it, looks far better than paint and can be easily undone and change of colour if thats what you want..

my experience your better to have someone do it that has done it before, as you can get bubbles and creases in the vinyl the first couple times you try yourself

(i know i know you monster tank boys love dennison, but when ya talking a tad smaller and prettier maher is the go) :beer:

How do you order the Maher tanks. Do you go direct or via a lfs.

you can order g maher tanks / stands / hoods from reputable LFS, fairly sure PET CITY, SMITHS to name 2 down the brisbane area that i know of, up here on sunshine coast TROPICAL MARINE CENTRE

:beer:

I've got a maher tank, wrapped sides and back in vinyl, seems to be a good quality tank. When you see dennisons tank work you will know why 90% of the people on here reccomends them. He makes some stunning tanks built into walls in homes and night clubs etc, much more prettier than the standard cabinet and hood.

its your choice spray works a treat for me as its cheap and know method to apply so it adheres, vinyl is good also, but your paying someone to do it..

i choose Lp over cd because sounds warmer with deeper bass played on a thorens turntable, but thats just me

:beer:mike