Jeridre

Flowerhorn not eating & white poop?

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with this problem? I just bought a female FH from a LFS. I have noticed that she is not eating and discharged whitish poo, she seems fine swimming around and digging up gravel, her clour also hasn't faded at all, if anything she has gotten more red and brightened up. Is she just getting use to the new tank or is she sick? Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

should be settled in well and truly by now. my guess is its paracites or just from stress of moving. from my experience some fish are just prone to this. i have had fh stop eating just because i moved them to a new tank with a different neighbour. my advice is to worm them with levamisole (i use avitol plus tablets 1 crushed tablet per 10l of water. treat now then again in 2 weeks. next treatment would be metro. good luck not much els u can do. imo most of the time its just bad luck.

Doesn't white poo in FH usually mean Hex?

SAVE MY FLOWERHORN!!! Is it the Hex for sure?

Not always. Can be protozoa or can be worms. Only way to really know is study poo under microscope.

Speaking of Hex Iv had people tell me 2 different theories about it. Someone has told me the flaggelates are ever present in the water and only attack/affect the fish when it is under stress etc. Another is that it is introduced somehow.

But most common issue will be worms so treat for them first, the metro for the Hex.

[MENTION=11453]Jeridre[/MENTION]

There is hope yet. I had previosuly treated 2 fish for worms and hex with no positive results.Both fish ended up dieing.

But just last week I had 2 fh with same symptoms as yours. So I wormed twice, and afte that they still werent back on food 100% so I treated with metro and they are back to normal now. There is atheory that metro is not as effective as it once was due to paracites developing a resistance to it but its stilll worth a try as it does work sometimes.