lilly1958

Placement of Chiller pump & inlet pipe

I have a relatively small tank it's 150lt including the sump which i built in & runs along the back of the tank.

The sump is divided into 3 parts, the outlet from the tank section, the refugum & the inlet pump back to the tank.

In what section should I put the pump that connects to the chiller & then the pipe that sends the water back to the tank?

Also does anyone know where I can get very small filter socks?

They would need to fit through a hole that is approx 4cm because I'm finding all the rubbish from the tank is running straight into the refugium.

Cheers

One of our guys got some filter socks off the net from over seas and they are really good and cheap as!

I don’t know much except else but he had them at the last meeting last year.

If you want to ask him this is his face book spot.

https://www.facebook.com/davidbrownhandyman?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab

A part from those, I make my own and they can be home made in a millions ways and shapes.

One of our guys got some filter socks off the net from over seas and they are really good and cheap as!

I don’t know much except else but he had them at the last meeting last year.

If you want to ask him this is his face book spot.

https://www.facebook.com/davidbrownhandyman?fref=pb&hc_location=friends_tab

A part from those, I make my own and they can be home made in a millions ways and shapes.

Thanks liquidg & the placement of the chiller in & out of the sump? Do you have any ideas please.

Cheers

Its doesn't matter where you run it back to as long as its in the same compartment or there will be issues of flooding maybe or unwanted flow

Don't forget to defuse the bubbles the return pipe might make, if the return pump can chew them up they will go into the display as micro bubbles.

I have my chiller pump next to my return pump and the return from the chiller entering the same compartment at the other end behind blue sponge from Clark rubber.

Edited by liquidg

Sounds like a a/world tl 550. I used to have one as a little nano reef. I had my pump and my return line both in the middle chamber at the back just to keep lvls even etc and as above to give any bubbles time to dissapear

My sump only has 3 compartments. At the moment I have the chiller pump in the first compartment with the skimmer & filter socks. Should I move it to the other end beside the sump return pump?

Sounds like a a/world tl 550. I used to have one as a little nano reef. I had my pump and my return line both in the middle chamber at the back just to keep lvls even etc and as above to give any bubbles time to dissapear

It is actually one I had built after one I bought second hand was broken before I could set it up.

I just want to make sure I'm not sucking rubbish into the chiller. The outlet chiller pipe empty's below the return pump that has a sponge filter in it to stop any rubbish going into the tank.