jcumpstay

Which high flow pump?

So i'm in need of a sump pump for a new rack consisting of four 3x15x18's and one 6x15x18. Maximum head of 2.2m, however i'm hoping to have quite a lot of flow in the tanks.

Three pumps currently being considered to sit in the sump:

Aquael pfn 10000 Plus - Large pumps

Tunze Silence Pro 1073.110 - TUNZE GmbH High-Tech Aquarium Technology: Catalog

Laguna Maxflo 9000 - Laguna Powerjet | Laguna Maxflo Pond Filter pumps

The Laguna is the cheaper option, however the Aquael has flow control and i have not had a single problem with any piece of Tunze hardware i have ever owned.

Decision, decisions......

So i'm in need of a sump pump for a new rack consisting of four 3x15x18's and one 6x15x18. Maximum head of 2.2m, however i'm hoping to have quite a lot of flow in the tanks.

Three pumps currently being considered to sit in the sump:

Aquael pfn 10000 Plus - Large pumps

Tunze Silence Pro 1073.110 - TUNZE GmbH High-Tech Aquarium Technology: Catalog

Laguna Maxflo 9000 - Laguna Powerjet | Laguna Maxflo Pond Filter pumps

The Laguna is the cheaper option, however the Aquael has flow control and i have not had a single problem with any piece of Tunze hardware i have ever owned.

Decision, decisions......

I run the pfn 10000 on an 8x2.5x2.5 and it's got more than enough power and flow, pretty quiet and adjustable flow. Heard good things about Laguna and tunze also

Anyone have experience with the electronic flow control on the aquael?

I do mate, I think it's a great idea also having a power switch on the flow control panel. I was swaying toward a Laguna when I went to buy the pump but the guys at age of aquariums reccomended the aquael.

+1 for the laguna.

I haven't had a problem with mine.

So I'll keep buying them until they start stuffing up.

I'm running the 7500 and 10600 both are going great guns.

I'm still deciding on what size I now need for the next venture.

But I know one thing it will be a laguna.

Awesome to know that Watts decrease with flow using the adjustment on the aquael. I think my mind is made up. Now will 10,000L/hr be enough??

Are you going to extend/change what you already have and I guess that is the beauty of being to turn down if you do go up just to cover all your bases.

Ordered the Aquael today and will pick it up over the weekend. Ended up going with the 15,000L/hr model however I expect to be running this at 3/4 speed at most. Looking forward to seeing some flow in my tank rack :-)

Pretty happy with the Aquael. For those that are interested this pump runs at 105W at its lowest setting and 200W at full flow. I have it running at its lowest speed and its doing a great job, however I'm yet to add the 6ft tank which sits highest on the rack. Suffice to say I will have more than enough flow with this bad boy.