Mickthefish

Where to get small fry in brisbane

Hi I have been a fresh water fish guy for quite a wile but am just getting into cichlids. I made an introductory post the other day some of you may have read it. basically, I recently acquired a 180cm long by 85cm tall and 40cm deep tank I want to start a cichlid tank probably malawi. Got lots of time to think about it cause I cant stock it until the extensions on my house is finished which could be upto a year away. I got thinking about this today and I am a very impatient man and I want some cichlids some time soon and not a year from now. So it dawned on me that I will probably need a smaller tank for a sump for the big tank, so I could get that now raise some Malawi fry in it for a year then graduate them to the big tank. I don't know if I would want an all male tank yet or a tank with the potential to breed but in doing this project I could select what I want and give away the rest or perhaps if some one wants to do a deal I could keep what I need and the person who supplied the fry could have the year old fish back or something. At any rate I am dead keen on this project as it would give me a solid grounding in cichlid knowledge from the ground up and I would have something to do wile I wait a year for my house to be ready to populate the big tank. If anyone has some feed back on this idea I would be glad to here it, or if anyone knows of someone that can supply good quality, non hybrid fry close to Brisbane. Anyway leave your thoughts :ranger:

haha, I figured the same and thought there was no other interest so didn't worry about waking up early to see it end just gathered my bid would win :(

Let me know if you decide to sell :)