Sign in to follow this  
Canuck

Repairing an Aqua One Curved front

Hi,

My Aqua One started leaking today. A least not my 8 foot I just put into the office wall... Got fish into another tank and have removed all the silicone to reseal. Found this crack. Arrows point left at it (reflection on left with arrows pointing right) The Glass looks kind of crushed and its all grey instead of clear, not just a single crack, yet the plastic on the outside of the tank is not damaged.

post-10881-14711630770536_thumb.jpg

Should I:

1) seal over it and hope it works

2) seal some glass over the crack and since this is a display tank, get a sheet of glass for the entire back of the tank and seal it into place? Should I silicone this one piece in place then seal the inside? or just get it up tight against the existing glass and then and then run a extra inside to seal it and hold it in place?

Thanks

Brooke

How old is this tank?

How big is it?

If its been fractured by crushing, that doesnt sound like something you can just patch with a bit of glass.

I aint no glass man, but I wouldnt be able to sleep with that thing in me house hey.

Not with water in it anyway, let alone with cool display fish.

If its not a curved bit, perhaps a new sheet of glass.

If its a curved bit....... they are already under serious stress, I wouldnt trust.

It's the back of the tank. Not a curved section. I don't think I explained it well but I want to put a put a whole new piece inside. I would need to cut a slot in the cross bracing to get it in. I can;t see any way I would be successful in taking off the plastic edging to remove the back panel of glass and replace thus the thought to cover it from the inside?

This is the tank sitting on the back broken piece. 3 feet by 2 by 1.5. Might be 7-8 years old? post-10881-14711630773388_thumb.jpg

If you definately want to have a go at repairing then you need to remove the back glass and replace it. Whatever you do, DO NOT CUT THE PLASTIC BRACE BETWEEN THE FRONT AND BACK. This ties the front and back together at the top. Without it you will have more problems.

Sign in to follow this