phoebles

Hi Peoples I'm Phoebles

Hi everyone! I have been lurking around on here for ages now and I thought I better introduce myself. I live on the south side of Brisbane and I currently only have one tank. I started with two betta fish which quickly expanded into about 4 tanks perched all over my room. I consolidated down into one tank. I absolutely love fish... I was one of the people who used to love to go to the doctors or the dentist because of the fish tanks and one day I realised that I could keep fish too.

I remember when my first few fish died when I was super new, I cried and buried them in the yard.

Anyways I'm a bit of a dill, I hoped I would trick some people into saying hi to me because of my catchy title. I'm super thankful to be part of this forum, I will probably still lurk but hopefully learn some more things to pass onto even newer people.

Thanks to everyone :)

I was one of the people who used to love to go to the doctors or the dentist because of the fish tanks and one day I realised that I could keep fish too.

way back in the day.......... I used to maintain several tanks in dental/doctor waiting rooms.

lol

dentists still terrify me though, even more so since I married one.

They certainly aint afraid of other peoples blood XD

The big question though, is when are you gonna put up a picture of your tank?

We all be nosey here hey

way back in the day.......... I used to maintain several tanks in dental/doctor waiting rooms.

lol

dentists still terrify me though, even more so since I married one.

They certainly aint afraid of other peoples blood XD

The big question though, is when are you gonna put up a picture of your tank?

We all be nosey here hey

Paying $550 tomorrow for my wisdom tooth to get pulled tomorrow. I'll give you $300 cash for your missus to rip it out in the garage.

Paying $550 tomorrow for my wisdom tooth to get pulled tomorrow. I'll give you $300 cash for your missus to rip it out in the garage.

mate......... thats probably the bravest thing I ever read.

she says yes

but I dunno

the freezer is already totally full

and we cant risk getting stuck with another "one" in this heat.

I remember when they used to have Aquariums in the docs waiting rooms. Never seem to see them anymore although i try not to frequent them too often.

Anyways, welcome aboard phoebles. Great to have another member from the better side of town, hahaha!

(waiting for reaction) :P

Welcome phoebie, I remember a vet I we t to in sunny bank years ago had an amazing tank in the waiting room down the hole length of the room cats and owners on one side and dogs and owners on the other .

This place will do a few things for you

1shorten your learning curve

2 make you wish you had more tanks and money to fill them

3 guarantee you have more tanks and less money

4 help you enjoy your fish more cos someone will nearly always have the answer to why your fishes are not doing as well as they should

5 give you honest opinions of what fish go together cos

The ones ive met in my short time on here have all seemed pretty decent to me

Thanks everyone for being so kind :) Here is another post-midnight post adding to my perception of "lurkiness". I am hoping to add a pic of my tank soon. I am in the next few days going to change the substrate so I figure it will be a good opportunity then. I am actually following the recipe prescribed by Beencees (I have no idea how to link names) which I found in another thread which involves propagation sand and other stuff. I guess to give more info I keep tame little fishies- bn's, neons, black widdows, kuhli loaches, rasboras etc. I'm changing the substrate so hopefully I can get into planting different plants.

Thanks again for all the hello's :)

Hi and welcome [MENTION=12154]phoebles[/MENTION]. Horay, another southsider.

And whats wrong with lurking around at 2am.

It looks like cudders beat me to your first notification lol.

Edited by TED