Sign in to follow this  
fletch95

Baby yabby id

So i caught this little yabby yesterday at dayboro, and im wondering if anyone knows what species? Ive never caight a common 'destroctor' (spelling) this colour or shape before. Its has orange tipped claws which and a sort od dark brown blue body

Thanks fletch.

post-5538-14711630777638_thumb.jpg

Thanks for that, i hope once he grows up abit he'll start to show more colours.

When they grow up a little, C. depressus get a lot chunkier in the carapace than C. destructor - they're a pretty good looking cray!

How much longer are you up in Qld for?

Lets hope the rainbows dont rip him apart!

Im leaving friday, but ive got alot of collecting in this week, ive been to obi obi, daboro, and today im at borth maroochy river and tin can bay in the afternoon

It'd be great to see a few more pics of your catches, [MENTION=5538]fletch95[/MENTION] - am planning to go Rhad-hunting around Brisbane north at some stage this weekend (have a few rumoured spots picked out), & will be up in the Hervey Bay area for a few days next week so may check out Tin Can Bay as well...

Sent from my RM-825_apac_australia_new_zealand_246 using Tapatalk

Dident get many rhads at sbapper creek, but lots of cherabins and rainbows, also the most stunning pacific blue eye ive seen so far. Most of the cherabins were berried so the when back but i go some of the small ones, pics to come!,

It was very beautifuly there, also a big water skink who kept trying to get into the fish bucket!

Sign in to follow this