I caught this one at snapper creek, it doesn't look like the c. Depressus or destructor, so im thinking is a cherax dispar?

His claws are alot darker than his abdomen so could it be?

I have no idea, the only cherax we get in the Melbourne area is c.destructor.

post-5538-14711630798229_thumb.jpg

Looks very cherax dispar to me

Photo courtesy of Rob McCormack

Cherax-dispar-Imgp5131a.jpg

If you haven't already, this is a great website with great pics and info on crayfish. I've been fortunate enough to meet & receive crayfishes from one of the gurus on that website who are responsible for undertaking the 'crayfish project surveys' :)

Crayfish List - Freshwater Crayfish of Australia | Australian Aquatic Biological

Looks very cherax dispar to me

Photo courtesy of Rob McCormack

Cherax-dispar-Imgp5131a.jpg

If you haven't already, this is a great website with great pics and info on crayfish. I've been fortunate enough to meet & receive crayfishes from one of the gurus on that website who are responsible for undertaking the 'crayfish project surveys' :)

Crayfish List - Freshwater Crayfish of Australia | Australian Aquatic Biological

post-316-14711630798361_thumb.jpgNice site! I used to keep depressus as a kid but I'd have put more effort in if I thought they could turn out like that!

Oh, and thats the sute that i got the reference.

I remember catching one of the spiny crays in the main creek in taralgon, and one of the land crays on a forrest walk near belgrave, it shot water at me!