Otto

Just stripped my first fish. :-)

I got a colony of Malawi Gold Peacocks of Butch awhile ago. They have been breeding pretty much non stop but due to RL being crazy, I haven't had a chance to save any. Well I bit the bullet tonight and stripped my first girl.

Didn't even rip her head off. Lol. Pretty happy about the number. :-)

D0E594FB-8964-470C-BE85-E74EA18FDF7E_1.jpg

Well done :) there are heaps of them and a good size. It makes you wonder where they fit them all.

I still hate doing it, makes me stress every time.

Thanks. Was pretty stressed. I have done it once before ages ago when I bought the fish from Butch he let me have a go on one of his.

This was my first crack on my own with my own fish. Feeling better about it now. Pretty happy with myself. :-)

Pretty sure I have around the fifty mark which I think is pretty good for peacocks. Was a little worried about the size but I think they will be ok.

As for MTS (multiple tank syndrome), I just stopped breeding Fighters, nothing could be worse than them. Lol. I only have 4 tanks going now.

Well done.

I had my first go at stripping last weekend. My experience didn't go so well but i learnt alot.

It took me about 2 hours to catch the female due to all the rock work in the tank as I liked the setup and didn't want to disturb it. Ended up i had to remove most of it to catch her so lesson learnt remove the rocks first.

I only managed to get 3 fry which I thought was ok for the first brood. Turned out she had more I just wasn't patient enough.

I put the fry into a breeding net in the main tank as I had no where else to put them. The fry were doing well and had nearly doubled in size over a few days, then one by one I found them dead over a few hours. I think the adult fish were able to get at them through the net. Next time I will try a hard plastic breeding box.

Anyway with all the excitement the male has been busy and there is another one holding so I get to try again in a couple of weeks.

Noticed there is a couple of breeding setups for sale and I have just the spot for one, although maybe I should hold off until i know what I'm doing.

Mine usually release around the 12-14 day mark I have noticed. I have no idea how long she held this lot for, I stripped her due tiger being black under the chin. Usually they release around this time.

I have a3ft tank just for the fry. At the moment the are in a 15 ltr tank until the stronger, then ill move em. :-)

Thx peeps for all the positive feedback.

The first time and only time ive stripped a fish was a Cyprichromis! lemme tell you, the fish was less stressed than me, to the point of sweating and a guts ache... would not reccomend! haha