Hey guys, I've wanted to breed Americans for some time now. Only having the 1 spare tank (5x2x2) that limited to me to only the 1 pair so i got a couple of tanks and instead of building a rack i built one big stand.

This is my progress so far, I've bought sump pump and 5x Led spot lights which i plan of hanging from the roof. Still need to make a sump from a 4x18x18.

post-10647-147116308064_thumb.jpg

mate keep the pics coming............... everyone loves these threads, ideas for everyone

:beer: mike

been too long since we've had one of your builds mike !

less time playing with the puppy, more time building masterpiece's lol.

been too long since we've had one of your builds mike !

less time playing with the puppy, more time building masterpiece's lol.

ha ha cheers.......

will post another thread once get my old tank back............. simplistic but affective

been firing too many arrows atm

:beer: mike

You shouldn't use those top besser bricks with that alignment as thats not how they are designed. And yes I have personally seen them fail under fish tanks when laid on side like that although your tanks are not very deep.

You shouldn't use those top besser bricks with that alignment as thats not how they are designed. And yes I have personally seen them fail under fish tanks when laid on side like that although your tanks are not very deep.

Uhh my Dad came over and provided them (brick/block) layer of 45 years put them like that, no offense this time im gonna take his advise :D

Structurally it's the same concept of a 100Kg man being able to stand on an empty tin can vertically while a 50Kg person would squash the same can if it were horizontal. No offense taken though. It's always better to be warned then finding out the hard way imo. I know your dad would never use these blocks sidways in a load bearing situation professionally.

Agree 100%

I'd also like to add that mum and dad ( blocks on top of each other ) is the weakest bond

Of block work you can build

In saying that I don't think the weight is going to be an issue

Which is why dad built it like that. But better to be warned than have that lot go

WOW one hell of a mess and clean up

FJ