bestfish

pep bn eggs with multicure

hi my peppermint bn bred yesterday but the male kicked out the eggs. i have got a seive above an airstone but i am scared about fungus.

can i add some multicure to the tank to stop this or will it harm the adults and 100 + fry already in the tank.

any help would be really good thanks.

I'm not sure about the mutlicure but just wondering if you have the sieve in a floater? If the adults can get to the eggs they will suck them through. I have had my albinos do it to me.

Personally i have never used multicure when I have tumbled eggs and never had problems but I make sure the eggs are tumbling well. I think its the eggs that are too still that get fungus. I probably would move the eggs to another small tank with the water from your main tank if you want to use multicure. I wouldn't medicate a whole tank unless it needs it.

Hopefully someone who knows at little more than me will be able to answer your question better.

Jenny

thanks for your advice jenny.

i did not think multicure would be good in the tank.

when you say that they are tumbling around good, how good?

mine are just moving a little bit, should i turn the airstone up or will a little be enough.

thanks once again.

Move usually move around fair bit but too much that they are flying up to the surface or right up the sides of the sieve. You just have to watch cause if they are bumping around too hard it can damage them.

I know a lot of people use multicure and it is recommended, I have just been luck and never had problems. :wink: (probably shouldn't speak so soon, my next batch might all get fungus :lol: )

Oh yeah another hint when they hatch and have eaten some of their egg sack, they like to attach to something. So if they can't get the top of the sieve were the solid plastic is, I toss in one of those little plastic measuring cups (the ones that come of the tops of treatment bottles)

Jenny

previously when i have left my pep eggs in the same tank i used two strainers/seives with an airstone in between. you dont need to much movement of the eggs... mainly water flowing around them.

keep an eye on them and you will be ok without meds IMO

emiee :)

ok thanks, well the airstone is not really moving them too much at the moment and the air is going around the sieve and not in the sieve but this is still moving them a little.

i have my fingers crossed they hatch alright and safetly. thanks for your advice.