Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RJHELL

Male FlowerHorn

As above guys im putting my big fella up for EOI. Best offer gets him.

Beautiful fish. Just trying to get out of cichlids.

His color changes to mood and time of day... From blue to green to gold and silver,,so my gess is their is Thai silk in their somewhere... Sadly must go but the new buyer will love him. NOT A SAVAGE FISH. Pick up RIpLEy. post-6882-14711630926527_thumb.jpg

post-6882-1471163090653_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure if I know what I'm talking about, but in my opinion, I'm pretty sure if you put in a ball park figure, you'll get more interest.

What you're doing is fishing without bait, doesn't normally work too well.

I'm pretty sure if I offered you $5 you wouldn't take it, but if I offered you $500 you would. So you've got a figure in mind, just put it out there.

In all my years on this site I've never been offered more than what something is worth.

Yeah i see what your saying mate just don't know what he is worth really as ive never seen a FH with this type of coloring so i dont know what its worth, which makes it hard to throw a figure on it

Just work out what you would take and what you wouldn't, somewhere in there is your price. If you take it to a fish shop they'll soon put a price on it, usually not in your favour, but then they've got huge overheads.

I'll give you an example. Have you ever been to a flea market and seen a table with no prices on anything, usually no people. When you do ask for a price, it's usually about 4 times what it's worth, that's why people don't like making offers when there's no guide.

I asked a guy for a price on something worth about $2, he said I'll take $15, I'm sure he would, but not from this guy.

Theo

G'day mate if you have some family history on the fish it will help to man like who bred it,parents stuff like that it's all about bloodline with Flowerhorns man better the bloodline more it's worth and at the end of the day there only worth what someone is prepared to pay but history of the fish is what I look for first when looking for a new Flowerhorn