Cam07

New set up

We started our tank last weekend and added live rock today. I got the chiller hooked up and working I think we might have to put a fan in the cabinet where the chiller is as it seems far to hot in there. We are very happy with the tank so far and looking forward to putting the fish in when cycling has been completed. We still have to get a new light the fan and a new test kit (I have discovered the freshwater test kit does not work properly with saltwater although I did phone and ask an aquarium and they said it should work) post-11836-14711630909898_thumb.jpg

post-11836-14711630909744_thumb.jpg

Hey mate got a pic of your chiller? I have mine in my cabinet doesn't worry it. Keep it atleast 20-30 cm away from cabinet walls. My cabinet has openings on the back so hot air releases. Runs on 25 and doesn't miss a beat. Also with your test kits make sure you get a good quality one. That tests for phos and calcium. Sera have a complete test kit that tests for all of your parameters. Comes in like a briefcase with all your tests to do with marine. See Brian at clayfield aquarium or I'm sure Donny will have them at AOA. $180 and get yourself a good refractometer. Good luck with your setup.

Shannon

Everything appears to be stable in the tank and tank seems to have cycled so we put another live rock in today and a snail looking forward to fish in a few weeks. We also got a light this morning, we went to AOA and they made the choice very easy post-11836-14711631048433_thumb.jpg

All levels in the tank are still at zero and I am away for the next week or 2 so the mrs went and got her pair of clowns on the weekend and 3 peppermint shrimp to hopefully control the aiptasia. We are both stoked at the tank and now I'm trying to decide what to keep in my tank when I finally set it up hehehe post-11836-14711631125647_thumb.jpg