The Tech Den

A local doing it big with Aquaponics.

Some of you may have been lucky enough as I was to speak to Paul Van Der Werf about aquaponics. Last year about June he came out to see me and was telling me about this upcoming project.

Take a moment to check it out, it will dwarf anything we have in Australia and good to see a local down to earth person leading the way.

https://www.facebook.com/earthangroup

35,000 liter clear sumps and playing with a million liters of water...nice

Paul does not muck around, going hard on this sort of scale is the only way to really show just how compedative and bountiful this method of food production is.

Gonna feed a LOT of people!

And guess what Donny - this should just be the pilot version and if all goes well the finished product will be nothing seen before and be mega - and guys just remember this is being done in the desert and if he pulls it off and I do have the confidence that he will the final product will be nothing short of astonishing.

I like his 8 cubic meter moving bed filtration...hmm yes 8000 liters of bio media now that's a filter. It was Paul that actually introduced us to small boss bio media as that is what he uses in his installations of the fish farms and we listened and the main reason why we have it - just goes to show just how many people Paul has helped in various different ways. A big thank you to Paul too.

It just makes makes too much sense, Take cheap unusable land and make it flourish with food and plants, I have been dreaming of the day we would see this for real I talk about this subject too much it drives my partner mad, even think that this will extent to high rise building in layer fashion where in some countries space is a real issue,china,Japan and so on probably unnatural light though,We are not going to digress forever as sustainable foods are going to be more the veggie variety in the future as the beef industry is in it,s final legs

of keeping up with world demand, With the unnatural light you can speed up the process of growth as well there has been research that plants for full growth cycle only need an 18 hour day so you just sped up your growth by 6 hours a day over a year that is 91.2 days quicker than normal crops, adding that they grow in water not dirt even quicker

This is definitely the start of good things to come, I do like Pauls idea better though with natural light suits me fine QUOTE :Just Add Water its in the name lol :)