jhuelin

Green terror red gills and not eating

Hey guys,

After a bit of expertise here! I bought 2 small Green terrors from Livefish. One of them has been going great and holds his own well, the other one has been sulking about and not eating well. I have noticed he has red patches on his gill plates which from my research seems to indicate a bacterial infection. Couple of pics below. I have just moved him into another tank where he wont get picked on, but should I put him in a hospital tank and dose him with something? What products are good for this kind of thing? Is it just maybe stress or is something wrong?

photo6_zps3ff51aa0.jpgphoto7_zpseabd1770.jpg

photo5_zpsb6d97af4.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated!

Dead. And eaten by my shrimp. Ahh the circle of life.

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier but your fish had clearly been beaten up pretty badly - severe fin damage and body damage noticeable in photos. It is also very skinny. Inflamed gills can be a number of things - normally a secondary infection if your water quality is good. Sorry you lost the fish. Unfortunately with fish like these - providing hiding spots and ultimately removing some specimens is often required. Cheers

Yea unfort also didnt see your first post.

Almost looks like ammonia burn on the gills, may not have shipped well.

As above though, cichlid violence and the resulting murder, makes removing specimens that are not fighting back the only way to save them.

And shredded tail like that means it was running........ not turning and fighting back.

Yeah thanks for the info guys. I had separated him into another tank so he could be left alone but it seems he was a bit too damaged as he just sulked under a rock and then died. LiveFish really is a bit of a gamble, I have gotten some great fish from them then gotten some ****ty ones. My freshwater crabs I got the other day are fantastic though!