Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

africanman79

Wtb small freshwater mullet

Yeah I was sort of referring to sea mullet being in their freshwater stage. Size limits apply to sea mullet. Didn't want to encourage take of Myxus as they are a bit thin on the ground. I'm seeing quite a few this year around 70 to 150mm at the moment. Haven't seen any smaller but a few larger than this, probably last years. Yes they are pretty soft but if handled with soft cotton dip nets and kept cool and in large plastic bags they go ok. Take to flake foods pretty quick, especially if you keep them with a few rainbows to show them what the food is there for.

my local bait and tackle shop have a moster block tank on display, all fresh water, got all sorts of stuff they catch locally from jacks, to bream, bass, tandanus, forktails, butterbream, luderick, barra, all the estuary species do suprisingly well in full freshwater, and those bream are bloody huge, all 45cm + they seem to do better in captivity then any other species, they seem to lose quite a few big fish too but i think its from lack of WC etc...