Just checking out my maingano's as I suspect they wanna breed after my massive water change last night and I see the female sort of hovering back and forth just off the bottom doing a wierd little wiggle dance, also I think her vent is a little swollen, is she waiting for me to turn the light off so she can lay some eggs, and the other female is following one of the males round like a drunk chick in a nightclub...whats the go???

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

They're gettin ready to breed, you should see mouthfuls over the next day or 2. If they're young & first time breeders don't be surprised if the fems spit or swallow the eggs. It's a steep learning curve for mother mouthbrooders...

Underrated & awesome lil fish, first Africans I ever bred & I kept 1 very peaceful male I bred (& the nicest coloured I've personally seen :D) in a bunch of diff tanks & setups & he now resides in a school down here. Great characters, very active & brave, big colonies look incredible with their constant interaction kinda like Trophs :)