N13det

Value for money food for big fish?

I bought a 20 kg bag of lucky star barramundi sinking pellets from Big Nutrition. It costs $82 delivered and I packaged it up in 5kg airtight drums to store it in the fridge. (I don’t drink any more so there’s plenty of room in there.) I feed it to the cod, perch and the goldies.

I use all sorts with my Jack. Mullet fillets $10-12 a kilo, Basa fillets $6 a kilo, white bait $12 a kilo, whole squid $10 kilo, whole mullet $6 a kilo, large whole prawns. Lucky for me I have a good bait shop close by that gets freshly caught stock daily. I also feed live foods like shrimps, prawns and poddy mullet etc. A cast net saves a lot of money.

I use all sorts with my Jack. Mullet fillets $10-12 a kilo, Basa fillets $6 a kilo, white bait $12 a kilo, whole squid $10 kilo, whole mullet $6 a kilo, large whole prawns. Lucky for me I have a good bait shop close by that gets freshly caught stock daily. I also feed live foods like shrimps, prawns and poddy mullet etc. A cast net saves a lot of money.

got an update on that monster jack of yours ?

Thanks for the input everyone its appreciated, one thing I hadn't thought about when comparing foods other than the cost I guess is the nutritional content and how much will need to be used not that I feel like thinking about that much.

As long as they are fed and happy, Oh I passed Aussie Seafood House last Sunday and they had mullet on special for $3 a kg

If you want a balanced diet for your tank busters without breaking the budget Ocean Nutrition Koi Balance is a good choice.

- Age of Aquariums - Ocean Nutrition Koi Balance 7mm 5kg Bucket

Or if your after insane growth go with this - Age of Aquariums - Ocean Nutrition Koi Supreme Growth 5mm 5kg Bucket

Their are a lot of people on QLDAF who will back me up on this.

Ben :peep:

Some fish tend to not enjoy basa, I think it probably tastes quite bland.

My pbass is 51cm now he seems to like it so does the 42cm pleco with him and the 24cm red devil in there too, in saying that my mrs feeds him that while i'm away at work for 3 weeks then on my week off i bring him some livies