mthom211

Maxi mini help

Hey all, I purchased a maxi mini anemone from pet city on Thursday. I noticed it had a few small tears on it's foot but it's mouth wasn't gaping, it was still sticky and appeared otherwise healthy. I acclimatized if got half an hour before I turned the power heads off and let it attach, a few bits if the foot didn't attach but most did, just where the tears where it didn't hold on. However it still looked very healthy and was responsive. Yesterday I noticed it's mouth was gaping and since then it has continued going down hill, more of the foot is not attaching and it is disintegrating in areas. Some parts still look healthy and are sticky though. Is there anything I can do to save it? They're not easy to find.

My other mini carpets are doing very well and so is all of my coral so nothing seems to be amiss there. Parameters are:

SG: 1.025

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 1ppm

post-2635-14711630975442_thumb.jpg

I would have bought the rock, however it wouldn't fit in my tank, I put it on hold and left it with them for a few weeks so that they could get it off gently.

Do you think there's any chance of this guy healing?

Conditions are pretty much perfect by the looks of it, I have four other anemones in here, one pretty close to this one as well.

Edited by mthom211

There are a few words in here from experience with collecting, encouraging the body and foot repair before delivery and keeping an uncountable amount over the years, including many variations of anemones, if you want to put these words in a google search box, its up to you.

Anemones and sea pens found near Brisbane in SEQ

I have never had an issue with anything like that, not since way back.

In my early reef and collecting days, i have even taken them out and treated them with human medication, that worked well, but that was for me because each one was worth something and after some failures,lol.

Give it the best care possible, even the minis I found hard to kill.

Did you read the down current bit, that applies to all corals and is extremely important for all reef tank life longevity and not just then!

Good luck, I hope it works out well.

Edited by liquidg

What medications could I use?

All my other minis have been bullet proof, I even had two left out of the water for twelve hours and they're still doing great now.

I did, something I will make sure I practice next time I introduce new coral into the tank, thank you very much.