grubby

Can anyone suggest a Tetra that can go with Small Central American Cichlids ?

Out of all the small fish I've tried, a single white cloud has stood triumph. He even threw his sword at me asking if I was not entertained :| He is quicker and smarter than any danio, gudgeon or tetra I've tried and has managed to defy all the odds, when others haven't been so dithery.

I would like some Astyanax mexicanus if I could find the non cave version, every in the wild in mexico etc video I have ever seen has these swimming into shot where a pair of meeki/salvini etc is raising young.

Hi Phil,

I keep 8 x Buenos Aires tetras with my firemouths in a 4ft tank and they have done the job as dithers making my fish hide less. I haven't witnessed much/almost any fin nipping and they have left my crypts alone too.

Columbians are a good choice.

Heck I like diamonds too.

Congos, bloodfin, black widow, serpae, lemon....... whats on special?

Hi Phil,

I keep 8 x Buenos Aires tetras with my firemouths in a 4ft tank and they have done the job as dithers making my fish hide less. I haven't witnessed much/almost any fin nipping and they have left my crypts alone too.

Thanks, but I am not big on BAT's had them years ago and they demolished all my plants.

Any of the more rounded shape tetras. I quite like bleeding heart tetras. Or perhaps ornate white fins. Serpaes are quite hardy, but have a reputation for fin nipping, although I never noticed it myself, when I kept them with firemouth/ellioti/severum.

Had a little sajica a while back.. one of the only fish that my wife actually liked.. probably due to its blue eyes :) Wouldn't mind getting one again.

Edited by watfish

Any of the more rounded shape tetras. I quite like bleeding heart tetras. Or perhaps ornate white fins. Serpaes are quite hardy, but have a reputation for fin nipping, although I never noticed it myself, when I kept them with firemouth/ellioti/severum.

Had a little sajica a while back.. one of the only fish that my wife actually liked.. probably due to its blue eyes :) Wouldn't mind getting one again.

There are a few of us working on that, should be plenty of Sajica soon. Where did you get yours ?

Mmm.....could be Phil!

Maybe a female....would need to see a male (larger dorsal than maculatus)

and desirable in water

Nice colours......

Currently in PNG....will post a video that got me thinking of variatus when I get home to fast internet!

Edited by Rod