Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey guys just wondering if Nyone can help. I got these Anubis on driftwood 2 weeks ago and they have got this algae/moss growing on it.

I have been dosing daily with excel and it doesn't seem to be helping them, they actually seem to be doing worse than when I bought them.

I was wondering if I just have to trim them or should I stick it out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So today I'm thinking about doing a couple of things. The BBA is recalling starting to hug me so I have been reading up and found a that I can bleach dip the plants in water and bleach for 10-15 minutes and rinse off and put back in the tank.

I like the concept if this however not sure on a few things.

I have geo's in my tank and I'm a bit worries that if I use bleach and even after a good thorough rinsing and dipping in good water with prime before going back into the tank that it will just my fish. What you think?

Also I'm going to buy some algae eaters today as well but I'm also worries that if I do and they begin to eat the algae that has been poisoned with bleach that the algae eaters will also get poisoned?

Any info from anyone would be a huge help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool looking fish though, I love my whiptail

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

Yeah I was keen on some whiptails any way so it was really a choice of whiptails, Borneo suckers or otto's. I will get some flying fox soon, and I know ottos do close to the same job, but they aren't flying fox. So I spent the money on the whiptails cos I wanted them any ways lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...