peterw

QLDAF ...the big bang

Just something that suddenly came in to what's left of my brain.

I look on with admiration & respect when I see the older wiser members recorded as "member since 1970 something" etc .

Curious to know when QLDAF commenced & how it operated before the advent of internet.

Difficult to fathom for a young bloke like me!

Just something that suddenly came in to what's left of my brain.

I look on with admiration & respect when I see the older wiser members recorded as "member since 1970 something" etc .

Curious to know when QLDAF commenced & how it operated before the advent of internet.

Difficult to fathom for a young bloke like me!

origial members have there start (Join) date as 1970, thats the answer

I think it starts with "E", dammit!

3am I'll wake up & it'll hit me (did the other night tryin to think of who played "Spitz" in "Gettin Square" talkin to a mate earlier, 3am I woke up & my brain said "David Wenham" the rest of me went "WTF! Where did that come from?" Lmao.

Maybe they actually met face to face and had real meetings in a building somewhere' date=' then had tea and biscuits afterward......mmmmm[/quote']

Thay already do ,there called fish clubs

Actually, the original Queensland based forum was started by a couple of members of the Gold Coast Aquarium Society, can't remember exactly when but it was probably late 90's or early this century.

Since then it has followed a winding track which I won't go into and we now have QLDAF in its present form. Neither the original forum or the two people who started it are currently actively involved in the hobby.

And yes, I was one of the original members of that original forum, and I believe "OG" stands for "old guru" :eyebrows:

Cheers, Doug

Actually, the original Queensland based forum was started by a couple of members of the Gold Coast Aquarium Society, can't remember exactly when but it was probably late 90's or early this century.

Since then it has followed a winding track which I won't go into and we now have QLDAF in its present form. Neither the original forum or the two people who started it are currently actively involved in the hobby.

And yes, I was one of the original members of that original forum, and I believe "OG" stands for "old guru" :eyebrows:

Cheers, Doug

"the forum"

has been around longer than Arowana man AKA Glen

Just that the name of it has changed as empires rose and fell.

Heck wasnt that long ago that grum and dean went toe to toe.

lol I been trolling qld's aquarium people since BB times XD

Was a king on the aquaria newsgroups, srsly.

netmax was my homeboy.

Man I remember when that actually meant something....... now I just sound lame....r

Edited by Donny@ageofaquariums

hahahaha

i remember the old days on some really funny

Yahoo Clubs, with some of the very very original peeps,

Yahoo was where the rec.aquaria kids retreated to, after the trolls finally won the great flame wars.

They really were some great wars.

Some people had like 50 socks going at once.

Was glorious!