Please don't think im stupid but how do I plant these banana lily's, which pic, im pretty sure its roots in the substrate but if I do that the leaves are poking out of the bootom fo the plant, the stalky looking bits, are these the bits that are supposed to look like bananas or are the missing from the plant

post-11971-14711631007321_thumb.jpg

post-11971-14711631007569_thumb.jpg

No pics that I can find.

I did record it on mini DV cassettes though.

Use to dare people to put their hand is, so they could experience the male hoplo attack.

Housemates hated the tank by the way, said it looked like a swamp.

Had a few big marines at the time, so it kinda got put in perspective big time.

WOW bananas are going awesome, only been in for about 3 days and already got a pad almost at the surface, there was nothing there last night, I have even noticed it has grown a cm or so in the last 6hrs

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

awesome cheap plants...these guys rock if you ask me...so many great purposes..sun cover in ponds,safe bays for fry amongst the tentacles....and even flower(at night if i remember right or its the only time i noticed mine flowering)...I reckon its awesome in a tank having a bunch of them rooted in the substrate(these guys will grow with out being planted too and shoot of to form others)with their pads shooting up all over the place...looks like an underwater forest...

I love em, even thinking of ditching the crypts amazon sword and Java fern,moss and just going with a heap of bananas, anubias nana petite on my drift wood and dwarf hairgrass as a carpet between it all

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk